I am currently in London’s Heathrow Airport, en-route to visit friends who are studying abroad in Italy this semester (look how worldly I am!) I like couldn’t be more sleepy or in a goofier, happier mood. Some highlights of my international excursion so far include-
- While in security one of the times (I managed to go through it twice! Doubly not a threat!) I was to next to a perfect French family that had two little kids. They had wee little backpacks on and were wearing tiny scarves and cool sneakers and kept tickling each other and my heart just exploded all over the terminal.
- I made a Dutch friend who was casually returning from a three week trip to Bangkok. “And Laos, that whole area, really.” We talked about her boyfriend who she met in Australia and how long distance relationships are complicated (I would know!! LOL NOT) I made self-deprecating jokes about how dramatically patriotic US passports are. We were friends.
- I think that the entire Argentinean army is flying out of London today. (File “Argentinean army” under “things I have never thought about”)
- There is a sign for something called “breakfast noodles” right near where I am sitting in the terminal. I could go investigate, but it’s way more fun to just wonder.
- All I did on the flight was watch Downton Abbey. It is the best and I have so many feelings and all I want is for Mr. Carson to love me like he loves Lady Mary.
I don’t know what is going on. It’s three in the morning my time. Some REALLY Canadian hippies are sitting near me and singing “Bubbly” by Colbie Callait. Everything is funny. Italy, here I come.